– 1 large aubergine, sliced into 1″ thick pieces
– 4 ounces sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
– ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
– 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 4 cups wild rocket, washed and spun dry
– ¼ red onion, sliced thinly
– Preheat oven to broil.
– Place aubergine on wire rack and cook 10-15 minutes flipping every few minutes and keeping a close eye to prevent charring (will be on the crisp side).
– Remove from oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
– Place tomato (if using sun-dried; if using fresh, wait until right before serving to add), basil and oil in food processor.
– Whiz until coarsely chopped.
– Place in glass or ceramic bowl and stir eggplant in and cover tightly.
– Chill overnight; remove from refrigerator 10 – 15 minutes before serving on top of rocket, with onion on top of that as a starter or add your favorite protein to create a full meal.