You’d think, wouldn’t you – that everyone would know the perfect plan for eating well and exercising properly.
Surely there’s been enough science by now?
But the studies go on, companies release their new groundbreaking ‘thing’, lots of people try it out and do well for a while – and then they don’t.
Like the other times.
Then those people call themselves names, feel bad about themselves… and then the next new thing is announced, and off they go again.
Tanya & Amy’s Revolutionary Get in Shape Plan
- Eat plenty of good protein and healthy fats, don’t eat processed meat, sugar or white carbs, eat loads of veg and fibre, not too much (but by all means some) fruit.
- Make sure you eat enough for the systems of your body to function – including fat loss (many people don’t do this and can’t work out why they are stuck).
- Eat slowly, at the table – and put your knife and down between mouthfuls – enjoying and noticing what you eat.
- Get 8 hours sleep a night, or you will retain excess weight and feel like death.
- Go online and calculate the water you need each day and make sure you drink it (it’s going to be more than you think).
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day (properly, don’t tinker at it) and try to do something different each time. Also, don’t ONLY run, you’ll bugger your knees).
- Understand you can’t rush it – getting unfit or overweight took a while to do – getting fit and in shape will take time too.
- Knock the booze on the head. You know I’m right. People are more fun without it.
You KNOW that a few months into that you would feel amazing and in great shape.
You don’t need to be trained in nutrition and weight loss (we are) to know this stuff.
The information isn’t the issue.
This isn’t new news.
Do you know what the issue actually is?
(Deep down you have a little Gremlin inside your head that’s got its hand up saying ‘I know, I know, I know!’)
Yes Gremlin, you are correct
The issue is THE TRUTH.
We have nutrition and fitness courses in Human Upgrade, (which are sh*t hot, though I say it myself) but they aren’t the most important things at all.
THE TRUTH is where we focus.
Thought 1: I want to be really healthy and fit
Thought 2: I want to sit here, with a bottle of wine and a packet of Doritos and watch Motherland on Netflix (hilarious, btw).
When we have 2 ideas that don’t fit with each other – our brain doesn’t like it and we feel stress.It will do ANYTHING it can to make them consistent.
The Cognitive Dissonance.
The justification we give ourselves for having two thoughts at the same time.
Example Justification for opting for Thought 2:
“I have been on my feet all day, I’m too tired, work has been hellish this week, there’s no point starting anything now until after half term, perhaps I’m just too old to do this kind of thing, I never actually stick at things anyway, I’ll get back to the gym after the rush has died down, and you know…. Covid and stuff.”
You don’t need to find new plan, I promise.
Use the one above, find another (probably not the big Slimming Clubs – they give weird advice) but actually whatever sounds reasonable should technically work if you stick at it.
The information isn’t the issue.
Training your brain to default to THE TRUTH that actually gets you to where you want to be.
Taking control of your life.
Understanding what you really want out of life.
Feeling brave, bold and entitled to be happy.
Being a strong, confident, fun-loving woman – enjoying her days.
Knowing specifically what you need to do… every day.
That’s the secret sauce.
Those are the fundamentals.
The food, the exercise, all that other stuff – that’s just detail.
It’s like buying a nice new sofa when the house has subsidence.
Getting your brain to tell you the truth takes a bit of unpicking too.
But it’s permanent and works for everything you want to achieve.
And it will make your life much better.
We are not for everyone.
But if you want to do things properly.
We open the doors to Human Upgrade for 7 days on 1st June.With a kickass Sisterhood around you to cheer you on.
Leave a Comment