Payments are currently taken through secure Paypal payment under the account “Wise & Gorgeous”
“Paypal Wise & Gorgeous” will appear Customer/Clients’ bank statements for payments made to us.
- Wise & Gorgeous: Tanya Grant & Claire Wakeford
- Current Enhanced DBS certificates are held .
- Registered Office address: Wise & Gorgeous, 25 Longmead Avenue, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Hants, SO50 6EN
- correspondence also: 9 Sedgwick Road, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Hants, so50 6FJ
- Wise & Gorgeous are insured by Arthur J Gallagher and the British Wheel of Yoga
- We are qualified with the International Dance Teachers’ Association, International Institute of Sports Therapy, YMCA and the British Wheel of Yoga with further qualifications in Mindfulness and Nutrition.
- Tanya Grant: Qualified Teacher Of Dance (Assoc. IDTA) Exercise to Music Teacher (YMCA) Health and Fitness Teacher (inc GYM Level 3) IIST ,Food And Nutrition (VTCT)
- Claire Wakeford: Qualified Teacher of Yoga (British Wheel of Yoga)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Practitioner (MBCT)
Wise & Gorgeous needs to collect and use certain types of information about the Individuals or Service Users who come into contact with Wise & Gorgeous in order to carry on our work. This personal information must be collected and dealt with appropriately whether is collected on paper, stored in a computer database, or recorded on other material and there are safeguards to ensure this under the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. Data Controller
Claire Wakeford at Wise & Gorgeous is the Data Controller under the Act, which means that it determines what purposes personal information held, will be used for. It is also responsible for notifying the Information Commissioner of the data it holds or is likely to hold, and the general purposes that this data will be used for.
Claire undergoes regular training in data governance.
Wise & Gorgeous will not share data with other businesses or agencies unless legally required to do so. Email ‘lists’ will not be sold or shared to other businesses. Wise & Gorgeous may bring you information from other companies whom we feel would be of use to you.
An unsubscribe link is included in every email, its use ensures no further correspondence is sent unless the Customer/Client resubscribes.
The customer or client will be made aware in most circumstances how and with whom their information will be shared. There are circumstances where the law allows Wise & Gorgeous to disclose data (including sensitive data) without the data subject’s consent.
- Carrying out a legal duty.
- Protecting vital interests of a Customer/Client or other person
- The Customer/Client has already made the information public
- Conducting any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or defending any legal rights
- Monitoring for equal opportunities purposes – i.e. race, disability
Wise & Gorgeous regards the legal and correct treatment of personal information as extremely important, and to maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal.
Wise & Gorgeous intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly.
To this end, Wise & Gorgeous will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and legally and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
- Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified in the Act, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purpose(s)
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date,
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
- Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information,
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of Customer/Client in relation to the processing of personal information.
Wise & Gorgeous will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfill its operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
- Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. These include:
- The right to be informed that processing is being undertaken,
- The right of access to one’s personal information
- The right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and
- The right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information)
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards
- Treat people justly and fairly whatever their age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity when dealing with requests for information
- Set out clear procedures for responding to requests for information
Data collection and consent
Informed consent is when
- An Customer/Client clearly understands why their information is needed, who it will be shared with, the possible consequences of them agreeing or refusing the proposed use of the data. Wise & Gorgeous will always give a clear explanation of why a Customer/Client has joined a mailing list, with the opportunity to opt out at any time.
Wise & Gorgeous will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. This applies to data that is collected in person, or by completing a form.
When collecting data, Wise & Gorgeous will ensure that the Individual/Service User:
- Clearly understands why the information is needed
- Understands what it will be used for and what the consequences are should the Individual/Service User decide not to give consent to processing
- As far as reasonably possible, grants explicit consent, either written or verbal for data to be processed
- Is, as far as reasonably practicable, competent enough to give consent and has given so freely without any duress
- Has received sufficient information on why their data is needed and how it will be used
- Data Storage
Information and records relating to customers/clients will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised staff.
Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required statute and will be disposed of appropriately.
It is Wise & Gorgeous responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
6. Data access and accuracy
All Customer/Clients have the right to access the information Wise & Gorgeous holds about them. Wise & Gorgeous will also take reasonable steps ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes when joining new services.
In addition, Wise & Gorgeous will ensure that:
- It has a Data Protection Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring compliance with Data Protection
- Everyone processing personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately trained to do so
- Everyone processing personal information is appropriately supervised
- Anybody wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do
- It deals promptly and courteously with any enquiries about handling personal information
- It describes clearly how it handles personal information
- It will regularly review and audit the ways it holds, manages and uses personal information
- It regularly assesses and evaluates its methods and performance in relation to handling personal information
- All staff are aware that a breach of the rules and procedures identified in this policy may lead to disciplinary action being taken against them
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the Data Protection Act 1998.
In case of any queries or questions in relation to this policy please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Tanya Grant: email@example.com